CLUB PROGRAMME FOR January 2021 – June 2021
Last Updated: 8th March 2021
Please keep checking this page for any changes to the programme. Any changes, since the last update, will be highlighted in GREEN text.
Please visit\login to the Members Only section, to download a copy of the programme in PDF format
With the COVID-19 situation, we will be unable to meet in the hall until further notice The committee have produced a programme of online meetings\talks\competitions members can attend using Zoom. IDs and passwords for the Zoom meetings will be emailed to all club members in advance.
All meetings\talks\competitions will commence from 19:30. When joining a meeting\talk you may enter a waiting area until the host allows you in.
For competitions, only the competition secretary’s & judges microphones will be enabled. All members viewing the competition will only be able to view and hear the meeting. You will not be able to ask questions or comment etc.
The Natural History Group are planning to hold a online Zoom meeting once a month. Details on how to attend the Zoom meeting will be emailed to members of the group.
Set Subject PDI Competitions 2021
Members that would like to enter the upcoming PDI competition will need to email their entries in.
Each member may submit a total of 3 entries for each of the 3 Set Subjects (Record/Portrait/Natural History). Full rules can be found in the club handbook.
With the extra time required, to make sure everything is correct for the competitions, the following rules apply:
- No entries on memory pens can be accepted at this time
- All entries MUST be received two weeks before the competition date. This is to allow the competition secretary time to check all the images, setup the competition and send a copy of all the images to the judge to view on their own screen. Please see the programme for entry due dates
- Entries must be within 1400px width and 1050px height
- No late entries will be accepted (e.g. the day after entries were due)
- The competition secretary will not be able to resolve any image issue(s) (e.g corrections to colour space, image size) or replace incorrectly entered images
- Any images not entered correctly will be rejected
- All entries must be in a ZIP file and entitled with the members name (e.g Joe Bloggs, Joe Bloggs LRPS)
- All entries must be numbered 01, 02, 03 followed by the title (e.g. 01 My Best Photo, 02 Windmill in Kent, 03 Bird on a stick)
- All entries must be listed in the email text, so the competition secretary know which section your are entering your images into
- If too many entries are received to judge, all 3rd images will be automatically withdrawn and members notified
- We cannot accept a paper entry slip, at this time. Members can either scan in an entry form and send it with their images or list in their email the order and titles of their images. Please make sure your entry information matches your PDI files
If any member does not wish for their images to be possibly selected for external competitions, please could they let the competition secretary know by email.
The images displayed in the Zoom meeting\competition will NOT be the images judged and will be displayed for members to see only. The judge will be asked to mark based on the images they received and viewed on their own profiled screen
Please send your entries to:
The competition secretary will confirm that your entry has been received, by email.
Dave Addiscott Competition Rule Amendment for 2021 – V2
As we were unable to hold the competition in 2020, we have made a change to one of the rules for 2021.
The images rule, of images having to be taken within twelve months of the last competition has been removed ONLY for this year.
The rest of the rules remain unchanged and still apply
||Judge/Speaker for the evening
||Journey Through Mongolia
Email entries for Annual Portrait/Record/Natural History PDI Competition
||1st Half – Gambia
2nd Half – Altered Images and Lockdown photography
||Annual Portrait/Record/Natural History PDI Competition
||Tony Oliver CPAGB/ARPS/BPE4
||Art of Metamorphosis Part 2
Email entries for Dave Addiscott Competition
||Steven Hedges LMPA/LRPS
||Dave Addiscott Competition
||Peter Wells ARPS/CPAGB/BPE3*/EFIAP
||From Pursuit to Passion to Profession
Email entries for Annual PDI Pictorial Competition
||Steve Myall EFIAP/BPE4*
||Annual PDI Pictorial Competition
||Kirsty Ralph ARPS / QGP
||The Greater Picture
||Chasing the Light
||Gypsy Horse Fair
||AGM & Awards Night
||Our chairman – Peter Brook