Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Maidstone Camera Club Updates
Last updated on 16th March 2020 at 22:00
The Maidstone Camera Club Committee have been following Government guidelines regarding the continuation of our club meetings and sub groups, surrounding the outbreak of Coronavirus.
With news of how the virus has been progressing, new cases being reported and concerns raised about the welfare of our club members, the committee discussed the situation at a committee meeting on Monday 16th March 2020.
After careful consideration, the committee have decided to cancel the rest of the current season, all sub group meetings (Wildlife, Digital, Portrait & AV) & Committee Meetings
All meetings will commence again in the new club season (September 2020 – June 2021)
The well being of all our club members is of the utmost importance and the committee are now working through the ramifications of this unprecedented situation.
We will keep all members updated via our website (this page will be updated with any new updates) and by email.
- If you have entered PDI images into the Annual Set Subject PDI 2020 Competition (Record, Portrait &Natural History) you will be able to use these images again in another competition
- Any USB memory pens, with members submitted images on, will be stored with the competition secretary and returned to the members at the beginning of the new club season
- Any uncollected prints, from the 3rd Monthly Print competition, will be stored safely and returned to the members at the beginning of the new club season.
- If you have entered AV’s (Audio-Visuals) into the clubs ’AV competition, you will be able to use them again in another AV club competition
- Winners of the Presidents Cup, Whitcombe Trophy, Dave Addiscott, Monthly PDI & Monthly Print competitions will be awarded the relevant cups and certificates at the start of the new club season
- The AGM will be postponed and held in the new club season
- The Bird of Prey days are currently still going ahead and any updates will be provide to attendees by email
- The Rochester Challenge is currently still going ahead and any updates will be provide by email. Please submit any entries directly to Don Salmon